Syz Capital is a Swiss based Alternative Asset Manager specialized in private market funds, direct investments and hedge funds. Syz Capital provides private and institutional investors unparalleled access to quality opportunities across liquid and illiquid alternative investment ecosystem. Uniquely positioned to understand the needs and challenges facing investors, SYZ Capital’s flexible platform offers diversified portfolios across alternatives focused primarily on uncorrelated investments,
The Investment Officer - Legal Assets will be responsible for investments in Litigation Finance, including mandates with external managers. This position reports directly to the Executive Committee and Head of Private Markets. He or she will be contributing to and managing the sourcing and execution of litigation-related investments. The individual will also contribute to the development of Syz Capital in adjacent uncorrelated strategies. This position requires a well-rounded individual with investment experience in legal assets and illiquid private market strategies, strong people and negotiation skills and connections in the target investment markets for legal assets (US, UK, Australia, Europe). The individual will have deep analytical skills, technical knowledge about litigation and arbitration as well as experience in portfolio management. General management experience and a capability to lead teams and projects will be preferred to grow in the position.
- Manage the existing investments in Litigation Finance and act as a senior member of the investment team to source deals and develop pipeline of various investable opportunities in legal assets, whether equity or debt type strategies
- Due diligence investment opportunities across legal asset strategies and execute transactions subject to IC approval.
- Lead, structure and drive commercial negotiation with investment partners, including litigation funders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry players and participants.
- Support development of new investment initiatives and vehicles in the legal assets space, and more generally across uncorrelated strategies
Portfolio Management / Business Development
- Oversee reporting and general investor communication on specific attributed vehicles.
- Work with operations team in coordinating structuring of new investment vehicles
- Support business development and introduce new relations if possible
- Law degree or MBA preferred
Professional Experience required:
- Legal background and / or experience preferred
- A minimum 10 years of experience in alternative assets. PE, special situations or private credit experience welcome
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience investing in legal assets with tangible experience executing investments in litigation finance.
- Strong project management skills
- Management experience, able to lead, teamwork.
- Natural communicator, experienced relationship builder holding a well-established business network
- Entrepreneurial mindset and business drive combined with hands-on approach and strategic mindset
- Truly excited by having the opportunity to take on a 360-degree role and build, structure and develop a new business line within the group
- Team player
- Fluent in English with ideally proficiency in one or two other languages
Swiss Residence requirement