Terms and conditions of access and use
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully to acquaint yourself with the restrictions governing access to and use of this website.
Access to the website and viewing and using its contents imply acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you disagree with them, even partially, you are requested to leave the website immediately.
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. We recommend that you review them on a regular basis.
Local legal restrictions
Access to and viewing of the contents of this website are forbidden to any persons and legal entities which, as a result of their nationality, registered office, domicile or any other reason are governed by a jurisdiction which forbids or limits access to the websites of foreign financial service providers or on which the publication of, access to, viewing and/or use of data such as those appearing on the website are in violation of applicable laws and regulations. This principle is applicable to persons residing in the United States or Canada. Please review the legislation applicable in your country before accessing, viewing, and using this website. If any of the above-mentioned scenarios applies to you, you are requested to leave the website immediately.
Accuracy and absence of guarantees
The website is updated on a regular basis by Banque Syz SA (hereinafter: "Syz") to ensure that the data it contains are as reliable as possible. However, Syz does not explicitly or implicitly guarantee the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the data for any purpose whatsoever.
The content of this website may be changed at any time without prior notice. As a result, it should not be used as the basis for any investment decisions under any circumstances.
Users are fully and solely responsible for their use of the website. Syz shall not be held liable for any losses or damages resulting from the use of the information contained on the website.
No offers - limitation of liability
The information, data, products, and prospectus available or mentioned on the website are intended for information purposes only and do not constitute a solicitation and/or offer to sell products and/or supply discretionary portfolio management or consulting services. Under no circumstances does the content of this website create a legal relationship between Syz and the user.
Syz strongly recommends that users not take any decisions based on the information contained on its website.
As a result, Syz cannot be held liable for any access to, viewing of, or use of the data on the website. No claims can be made against Syz based on access to, viewing or use of the data contained on the website.
The value of the investments and their performances are subject to variations which can potentially result in total loss of capital. In addition, the past performance of an investment provides no guarantee of its future performance. Variations in foreign currency exchange rates can result in significant fluctuations in the value of investments. As such, none of the information on this website should be used to take decisions regarding investments.
What is a cookie?
What types of cookies do we use?
Syz uses several types of cookies. Some are essential, while others you can disable. Disabling some cookies may affect the functionality of this website.
The below explanations shall help each person to make informed choices about the information a person provides to Syz and third parties when a person visits the website.
- Mandatory cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website will not then work. These cookies do not store any personal information.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They are required to access certain parts of the website or improve your browsing experience. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of the services may not function properly. We store them for the length of the session or up to 24 hours.
- Statistics & marketing cookies:
- Statistical cookies: These cookies enable us to collect information on the performance of our website such as the number of visitors and pages visited. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. You can also decide not to provide us with this information if you wish, with no impact on your experience of the website. In particular, the website uses the cookie Google Analytics which collects information and reports website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics in particular, you can also use the Website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies may be set through our website by advertising third parties to better target advertising to your interests. They do not store directly personal information as they work by identifying your browser and your device. If you deactivate those cookies, you may see less relevant advertisements.
You can share information from our website on the following social networks: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+.
A cookie management configurator is available to allow you to manage the cookies used and/or deposited on this website. At any time, by clicking on the button "Modify Cookies preferences" at the top of this page, you will be able to access the configurator and modify your preferences by purpose.
In case of any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you have the right to file a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority.
Processing personal data
In the context of business relations with our existing customers and/or relations with potential customers, Syz collects and processes your personal data in order to offer you financial and banking products and services.
Syz attaches great importance to protecting your data. By continuing to use this website or by contacting us, you explicitly agree to our data processing policy.
For any information about the type of data collected, the reason and purpose for its collection, the method of processing, the persons to whom the data may be transferred and security measures in place to protect it, please see our Data Protection Notice, which applies to all Syz products and services, at the following address:https://www.Syzgroup.com/en/data-protection-notice
Intellectual property rights
The entire website (notably the text and images) is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
Reproduction (in full or in part), storage (temporary or permanent), or transmission (for private or public purposes) of the information contained on the Syz website is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Syz.
Downloading or copying this website does not confer any licence or right to use any software or material on the website.
The website cannot be linked to for public or commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Syz.
Links on this website to third-party websites are for informational and educational purposes only. Syz does not control the content of those websites.
The links do not imply that Syz has a legal relationship with any third parties. Syz shall not be held liable for the content of the websites accessible via links and for the products, services and other items present on them.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
Any disputes related to the access, viewing and/or use of the content of this website is governed exclusively by Swiss law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic and canton of Geneva. Subject to appeal by the Federal Court.
Deposit insurance scheme
Are my deposits covered by the deposit insurance scheme? Yes, like any bank or securities dealer in Switzerland, Syz is required to sign the Agreement by Swiss Banks and Securities Dealers on Deposit lnsurance and as such is a member of esisuisse. Client deposits held with Swiss branches of the bank are protected for up to CHF 100’000 per client, per bank. Deposits also include medium-term notes held in the name of the depositor at the issuing bank. All relevant information on the deposit insurance can be found at www.esisuisse.ch
Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) – for accounts held in Switzerland
Automatic exchange of information in brief:
The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) for the Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information, developed in response to the G20 request and approved by the OECD Council on 15 July 2014, calls on jurisdictions to obtain information from their financial institutions and automatically exchange that information with other jurisdictions on an annual basis.
Please visit the OECD website for more information: http://www.oecd.org
This standard has been transposed into the Swiss federal law on the Automatic Exchange of Information (LAEOI) and Switzerland started collecting data on 1 January 2017 and exchanged data for the first time in June 2018 with a defined list of reportable jurisdictions.
Who are reportable persons?
For an account to be considered as “reportable”, the holders or controlling persons (CP) must be persons with a reporting obligation, that is natural persons or legal entities with a tax residence in countries with which Switzerland has agreed to apply the AEOI.
What is the reporting procedure?
On an annual basis Syz is obliged to send information on the reportable accounts of reportable persons to the Federal Tax Administration (FTA).
The latter then automatically sends the data received to the tax office of the partner country concerned.
Please visit the FTA website for more information: https://www.estv.admin.ch/estv/en/home.html
Which countries are concerned?
Countries are categorized into three types:
- Partner jurisdictions listed on the website of the State Secretariat for International Finance (SIF): https://www.sif.admin.ch
- Non partner jurisdictions are any not listed on the abovementioned website
- Reportable jurisdictions are partner jurisdictions that exchange information with Switzerland on a reciprocal basis.
What information is exchanged with the countries?
The reportable information exchanged is detailed below:
- For individual accounts: name, address, country of tax residence, tax identification number (TIN) and date of birth
- For corporate accounts: name, address, country of tax residence and TIN, as well as the name, address, country of tax residence, TIN and date of birth of each CP of the entity
In addition, regardless of the type of relationship: account number, information on the designation of the account (“undocumented” or “dormant”), name, address, and identification number of Syz, an account statement at the end of the reporting period, total gross dividends, other total gross income, and total gross proceeds from sales.