Job summary: Working closely with the CFO, under the direct supervision of the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the FP&A Specialist will be responsible for developing, managing, reporting and analyzing financial data in an insightful and actionable way.
Job description/ key responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve financial-data warehouses, reporting processes and dashboards
- Upgrade forecasting models and carry out specific analyses on the Bank’s financial performance, and provide recommendations on corrective measures
- Set and track key performance indicators related to the Bank’s Strategic Plan
- Address ad hoc requests related to financial data from the Front Office
- Liaise with Accounting and IT to create synergies in data management
- Provide general support to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in his role & responsibilities
- 4+ years’ proven experience in a business analytics and/or data management role
- Solid knowledge of data management, data analysis and programming
- Ability to work with complex and extensive datasets
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthetize and present complex information clearly
- Driven by excellence, in a very demanding environment
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Capacity to build trust relationships with key stakeholders in the organization
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Detail-oriented, precise and rigorous
- Good team player
- Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Mastery of advanced analytics tools (Cognos, VBA, SQL, Power BI)
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science or Mathematics