As Head of Equities for Bank Syz, you will be in charge of defining and executing the strategy for equity research. This includes defining processes, organizing a team, designing and producing research output in order to contribute both to the investment performance and business development.
Your responsibilities will also include support to Advisory, providing our advisors and the front with high quality research output to promote recommendations to clients and contributing upon request to the investment dialogue with select clients. You will also be responsible for managing equity strategies.
- Organise team and processes to deliver high quality equity research
- Define, together with key stakeholders, core universe to be covered
- Define research philosophy and establish adequate processes to ensure quality and coherence of recommendation
- Establish process for coverage lifecycle, incl. regular review, rating changes, and communication to key stakeholders
- Design and produce, together with the team, client ready research outputs
- Establish KPIs and monitoring tools to assess quality of research recommendations
- Define processes to ensure scalability of the research processes beyond core universe (e.g., sourcing from 3rd parties, quantitative screening)
- Manage research team / committee
- Design target organization (size, skillset, organization, processes & tools) for the team and more broadly committee to deliver on its mission
- Monitor analysts' input and performance. Act as a coach for the equity analysts team
- Assume leadership on equity committee
- Ensure the smooth running of the committee and coordinate input from equity committee members
Support to advisory
- Think strategically to assess and cover our clients’ needs through close collaboration with Head of Advisory – and good relationship with Front
- Provide investment advisors with the necessary material to promote recommendations to internal and external clients (at stock / theme level)
- Liaise with the Head of Advisory to monitor the adequacy of the list with the needs of the front office
- Cover ad-hoc requests from advisors / Front in a scalable and efficient way
Support to DPM
- Input to asset allocation committee
- Act as voting members at the Monthly Asset Allocation committee
- Provide the committee with equity inputs (top-down views) as well as country / sectors preferences within the equity universe
- Portfolio management:
- Manage in-house building blocks of multi-asset DPM portfolios, as well as special equity mandates
- Design, develop and manage new AMC strategies (Actively managed certificates) that can benefit both advisory and potentially DPM (as part of the equity building blocks of multi-asset portfolios)
Support to business development
- Provide support to bankers to retain and develop clients, both in the context of DPM and advisory relationships (e.g., to explain DPM performance / to support pitches)
- Act as an ambassador for the bank in traditional (press, TV, radio) and social media (blog, Linkedin, twitter, etc.).
University degree in economics, finance or equivalent; CFA or CIIA is a plus.
Professional Experience required:
- 15 years in a Equity research or Equity Fund/Portfolio Management position.
- Strong fundamental equity research background and market experience.
- Passion for financial markets.
- Team-oriented and client focused working approach.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for investment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on mentality.
- Think outside of the box.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience in equity strategy and idea generation, portfolio
- construction and client interaction.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid knowledge in financial information systems (Bloomberg, Factset).
- Experience with G2 and quantitative tools is a plus.
Fluent in English and French, spoken and written; Spanish or Portuguese an asset
Any other comments:
Play-to-win mentality (rationale risk taking)
Swiss Residence requirements? Preferably, yes