Purpose of the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated person to integrate our CIO department and provide our organization with financial guidance on fixed income investment opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Head of Fixed Income, you will be responsible for conducting in-depth analysis, developing forecasts, and delivering sound investment advice to facilitate well-informed decision-making.
This role will give you an opportunity to have a true impact on a fast-paced organization. If this sounds like an exciting and purposeful challenge, do not hesitate to apply!
Job description/ key responsibilities:
- Credit Analysis: Perform thorough research and analysis of credit issuers operating within the corporate sector. Evaluate their financial health, creditworthiness, and risk profile. Moreover, actively engage in companies' roadshows to gather valuable insights.
- Monitoring and Enrichment: Continuously monitor the existing fixed income securities in Syz's bond lists. Regularly enrich the lists with new and promising investment opportunities.
- Investment Idea Generation: Utilize your strong analytical skills to generate and monitor investment ideas within the fixed income space for Syz's advisory clients. Identify compelling opportunities and assess relative value to support informed investment decisions.
- Publication and Reporting: Prepare insightful reports for regular and special publications. Share valuable market insights and research findings to keep clients and stakeholders informed.
- Portfolio Management Support: Provide backup support to the portfolio management team, actively contributing to the management of various in-house funds and certificates. You will be directly involved in the investment decision-making process.
- Presentations: Deliver market analysis, portfolio reviews, and investment ideas in engaging presentations to both internal (RM) and external clients. Your ability to effectively communicate complex concepts will be instrumental in building strong client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or a similar field.
- CFA charter holder or similar preferred
Professional Experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a fixed income analyst in the banking industry or in a rating agency
- Solid knowledge of US Markets
- A team-player with a collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Flexible, able to work independently, open minded and keen to deliver
- Curious, passionate about financial markets and willing to contribute with your own investment ideas the production of investment ideas
- Excellent presentation skills (PowerPoint), you know how to emphasize an idea
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and ability to understand or perform complex numerical analysis
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Very good command of both spoken and written English and French. Proficiency in another language will be an advantage (Portuguese, Spanish or German)