The RFP specialist is responsible for compiling responses to complex bid and proposal documents for prospective and existing clients as part of a procurement, rebid or due diligence process. The RFP writer prepares proposals gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining the approval from relevant stakeholders. The RFP Specialist works alongside sales and investment specialists, marketing, portfolio managers, compliance, HR, Finance and risk teams to design and formulate compelling responses in order to win and retain business.
- Ensures all RFPs for clients / prospects submitted by sales are filled in with quality data, in the appropriate timeline
- Improves proposal content by reassessing and redesigning processes, content and coordination;
- Liaise with subject-matter experts to continuously upgrade the content of the database and to ensure a consistent company/product message;
- Tailors and maintains standard RFPs and make them available on our internal website;
- Ensures a strong partnership with key institutional consultants and the feeding and monitoring of their database;
- Maintain a constant awareness of compliance regulations and risk factors;
- Develops strong project management skills in order to create and enrich the RFP database and to optimise the quality and the productivity of the RFPs;
- Populates the RFP tool in a timely manner in order to have updated content.
- Proven experience in the Asset Management industry (at least 5 years);
- Excellent knowledge of Institutional clients specificities and mutual funds;
- Strong technical understanding of investment strategy in a large range of asset classes;
- Knowledge of the RFP tool Qvidian is an advantage.
Personal and professional competencies:
- Ability to work autonomously and to meet proposal deadlines by setting priorities;
- Conversant with financial terminology and concepts;
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders from different departments;
- Ability to manage projects in a time-sensitive environment.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be assertive when necessary
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent written French & English, verbal communication skills are essential.