Multi Assets Investment specialist focused on investment-related content production and review, contribute to investment solution idea generation and support the sales / asset raising effort by maintaining close relationships with relevant teams across the Group. The role is established to be a connection between the investment team and the marketing and sales teams.
Content Production & Review
- Take a lead role in the production of all investment related content that pertains to both the primary asset class(es) / investment strategy(ies) that they follow (as agreed with the Head of Products & Marketing) as well as support for other asset classes and strategies, as needed from time to time.
- The investment specialist is expected to be a content expert and will ensure a deep understanding of the asset classes, strategies and funds/portfolios they are responsible for. This includes, but is not limited to, regular and frequent attendance at all relevant investment meetings and calls.
- The investment specialist will also be called upon to provide expert reviews of marketing-related materials, such as RFPs, presentation, website/social media content, media-related publications and content and others.
- Ensure quality of information prepared and presented, including consistency with Group’s philosophy, branding and messaging across the suite of materials.
Contribution to Investment Solutions
- As the team closest to the investment team, and in their role to support asset raising, the investment specialist is required to use their broad knowledge and collaborative character to support innovation and investment solution proposals.
- The investment specialist shall also contribute and provide feedback internally and their understanding of current best practices.
- The investment specialist may, depending on the project, be called up to participate in remuneration proposal exercises for new or re-negotiated client investments.
Support of Asset Raising
- While the investment specialist is essentially a representative of the investment team, the ultimate goal of the role is to support asset raising and client retention.
- KPI’s for the role will include level and quality of interaction with business development Group members.
- Play a key role being the bridge between SAM and other internal areas of SAM product/solution demand within the broader Syz Group. This is expected to be a pro-active role, with idea-generation expected on how to increase new business opportunities and better maintain existing business.
- Engage in a certain amount of travel to support client/prospect meetings, explaining the asset class(es), investment strategy(ies) that they cover.
- Attendance at industry events/conferences may be required from time to time in order to raise the visibility of the Group and generate interest from investors.
- As part of their activities in surveying the market and competing products, to engage with sales where new business opportunities/or potential ones are identified. It is not the role of the investment specialist to make first contact, but rather to support business development is lead generation.
- Participate regularly in internal and external educational sessions on products and strategies.
- Extensive experience across all asset classes, with particular expertise on multi-asset and alternative solutions.
- Able to clearly articulate and express technical aspects of strategies
- Strong and demonstrable client focus, ideally having been in client-facing role
- In-depth market/macro understanding and curiosity
- Experience in writing thought-leadership pieces
- CFA or equivalent desired
- At least 5 years experience in similar role
- Organised, collegial, detail-oriented, self-starter
- Strong verbal and written English and French, German a plus