Reports directly to the Executive Committee and CEO. The Head of Business Development and Investor Relations will be responsible for capital raising initiative and all investor communication, as well as assisting firm’s leadership various strategic initiatives. The individual will also lead marketing efforts approved by the Executive Committee and help the investment team initiate highly successful new investment strategies. Highly cross-functional role, this position requires a well-rounded individual with superior people skills, strong investor connections in Europe and other key markets, deep technical knowledge across private markets and alternative investment.
- Oversee company’s investor reporting and general investor communication
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual investor reports.
- Organize meetings with investors to review investment strategy and performance.
- In charge of CRM development and maintenance
- Interface with the investors community and be able to speak credibly about the investment process in order to develop investment opportunities.
- Support COO and operations team with Investor related matters (KYC, onboarding and closing)
- Lead the capital raising process for Syz Capital in coordination with the senior management team.
- Identify new potential investors and develop proper points of access, both direct and indirect, in order to develop relationships for capital raising with family offices, independent wealth managers, foundations/endowments, consultants, pension funds, institutional/corporate, and high net worth investors.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Syz Capital investment strategies and ability to successfully articulate that strategy to the market. Work with the investment team to create memorandums and marketing materials. Prepare presentation materials for fundraising meetings.
- Coordinate marketing meetings with prospective investors. Responsible for meeting with and disseminating information and prospective investors.
- Support senior team in leading commercial negotiation with investors, along firm/Executive Committee guidelines and assist with closing
Business Development & Marketing
- Assist with promoting Corporate Brand including website, firm and product presentations with investment teams and Executive Committee.
- Structure mapping, sourcing and prioritization of target investor groups and segmentation for SYZ Capital products and solutions.
- Support Executive Committee in developing yearly marketing plan and capital raising priorities
- Identify and analyze trends in the industry and recommend investment strategies and opportunities
- Participate with senior management and investment committees in the strategic planning, development and execution of investment goals/strategies.
- Lead Marketing initiatives around innovative ideas, campaigns and business development ideas
- Assist Executive Committee with PR projects and Brand building
- Assist CEO with overall firm communication
- Be able to lead teams, projects and build a team for future growth
- A minimum 8 years of experience in financial services, and at least 5 years in alternative asset management, Private Equity
- Sophisticated knowledge of alternative investments and private equity, fund offerings and fund structures.
- Pre-existing, broad, well established network of industry relationships and investors (client network) in order to facilitate capital raising and sourcing transactions.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to raise capital from qualified investors, sourcing investors, and managing relationships
- Proven experience in producing high quality presentations and in-depth performance reports and investor letters in coordination with investment teams
- Strong Marketing acumen and client / market analytical skills
- Strong Project management skills, management experience preferred, able to lead teamwork and in particular projects
- True entrepreneurial work ethic and business drive combined with hands-on approach
- Well-organized with good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Truly excited by having the opportunity to take on 360 degrees role and build, structure and develop business development entity and team
- Creative thinker with strong, effective negotiation skills.
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Natural communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Relationship builder, Team player
- Fluent in English with ideally proficiency in one or two other languages (preferably German or French)